Monday, August 13, 2012

IE Reviews~Breathkept

I have to admit, Saundra Mitchell is one of my favorite authors, like ever. I know what you're thinking, "she isn't indie, she's with Houghton Mifflin!" Ah, then you're in for a surprise. Saundra's novel, Breathkept didn't find a home so she went indie with it. "Why, since she's such a brilliant author?" you might ask? It saddens me deeply to say, because her book is, let's say, diverse, and couldn't find a fit in the market. But you know what else? It's AMAZING, just like her other novels.

I gave it:
*****

My review: Saundra's sojourn into contemporary does not disappoint. Despite my need for all things sci-fi, fantasy, or paranormal, I truly loved this novel and there aren't many contemporary novels that can have that effect on me. From the very first chapter we are drawn into a mystery within a rich setting that is filled with deep characters you'll be rooting for.

Here is a bit about it:

Parker Nixon has never been away from home. She’s never been in love. And she’s never been wanted for murder… until now. The boy Parker got caught kissing last night turned up dead this morning, and there’s no shortage of suspects. Her reclusive father leads a double life, and the people at Stone Well Ranch have their mysteries too. But then there’s beautiful, broken Brandon Beauchamp. He saved Parker’s life once, and holds her heart in his hands. But he may be hiding the darkest secret of all. 

Where to find Breathkept:
It isn't currently on B&N but I bet if you contact Saundra, she'd be happy to get it on there!


No comments:

Post a Comment